Every warehouse is unique and deserves solutions specific to its needs. Which loading dock should you purchase? Does your industry require high-speed doors to preserve your internal environment? How much pallet racking should you purchase? The questions are limitless, and the possibilities even moreso.
As the largest dealer of used pallet racking on the Gulf Coast, we have many Port City Industrial clients ask if used or new pallet racking is better for their warehouse. Ultimately, that answer is up to you; there is no right or wrong decision. Which elements do you value the most?
Pros of Used Pallet Racking
- Easier on your wallet: If you are searching for a cost-effective solution for your warehouse, then buying used pallet racking is the answer! Increase storage and function for a fraction of the cost.
- Helps the environment: Purchasing used pallet racking cuts down on the production of more material, which cuts down on waste. You can feel good about helping the planet while saving money at the same time!
- A versatile solution: Used pallet racking has the capability to function as both a temporary or a permanent solution! Consider investing in used pallet racking if you currently struggle to make a big financial commitment.
Pros of New Pallet Racking
- An aesthetic appeal: Purchasing brand new pallet racking can potentially boost your warehouse’s image and overall aesthetic. Why pick between beauty and functionality when you could have both?
- A guaranteed warranty: Brand new pallet racking comes with a guaranteed warranty so that you can use your equipment with peace of mind.
- Custom solutions: Is there a certain corner of your warehouse that frustrates you? If you struggle to find pallet racking that fits your warehouse dimensions, then new pallet racking is better for you! You can create your customized solution from the beginning.
Both new and used pallet racking have their own unique benefits. Your warehouse’s capabilities, such as measurements and intended uses, will also affect which type of pallet racking you should buy.
How Do You Decide Which Type to Invest In?
- Know your measurements: Do you know your pallet size and dimensions? This is potentially the most important step in deciding which type of pallet racking to buy.
- Consider your packages and cargo: What will your pallet racking be carrying? Ensure that you are considering the weight capacity, types of packaging and more.
- Measure your floor space: How much floor space do you have available for your new pallet racking? This factor can also affect your decision between used or new pallet racking.
No matter which type of pallet racking you purchase, pallet racking is an ideal solution for maximizing vertical space in a warehouse. When installed correctly, pallet racking is strong, sturdy and secure for both your packaging and employees. At Port City Industrial, we want to help you customize and design a warehouse system that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations. Experience the Port City Industrial difference when you visit www.portcitymobile.com today!